The House at Wagmore
The home itself is complete (though furniture-less) now.
But there's still so much to do.
On our last trip to Wagmore I had the luxury not to work (much) while I was there. I got to spend time with family and hang out at the property. Part of my hanging out involved the seemingly never-ending quest to keep the blackberry bushes and scrub trees at bay. But part of the hanging out was just spending time there and thinking about the possibilities of the place.
Ever since I can remember I have wanted to have acreage of my own. Space to have horses, critters, and peace with nature. Now we have nearly 15 acres, and the task is planning what to do with it.
As I spent time out at the property, the projects began to reveal themselves. Here's the list we have so far (not in prioritized order):
- Interior decoration (e.g., curtains, rugs)
- Outdoor living space
- Property planning (where will everything go - like the orchard, garden & barn)
- Start orchard
- Outbuilding planning and development
- Increase forested area
- Perimeter fencing w/ (Cardi-proof) field fence
- Water filtration system
- Purchase farm equipment (tractor, truck)
- Pasture improvement/weed control
- Farm sign
Such a great list of things to do to create our dream property! Now which one to tackle first...