Here's my last lesson plan installment - you didn't think I've leave Maggie out, did you?
Maggie is semi-retired, but REFUSES to be left out of training, so I've got some plans for her, too. She is the most keen of all three dogs, and gets really excited when I say "do you wanna work?" So work we will.
I've still "got it" -- let me work!!
Maggie gets to work on obedience
- Maybe this fall we'll try for our Graduate Open title so...
- Gloves - work on marking (looking at) the glove. Maggie doesn't really want to take the time to stop. I say "take it" and she's off like a shot. We need to mark first, so we ensure she's after the correct glove.
- Finish up "Around the Clock" scent article training. Go back to week 5, and finish the weeks. Maggie seems to really like this task.
- Go-outs. I need to re-train this. The target work I was doing has been hard to wean. I think I'll try a mat this time. I can then cut down the mat to a smaller & smaller size...
- 3 times a week. My time is an issue, and I'm not in a hurry. If she never makes it in the ring again, that's ok. This is to give the old lady a job. Oh, and I love working with this dog :)