A picture of Denzil PDX in action
Ok, I made up the title, but Denzil was a star this weekend at the playground by our house. The human child wanted to go play on the slides, so I chose Denz to come with us. Denzil loves outings, and the playground is low-impact so he got to come along.
The things Denzil did to qualify for the PDX (Playground Dog Excellent) title:
- Showed no fear when kids came running towards him (with me warning the kids not to run, but the kids not listening)
- Happily greeted the children who wanted to pet him
- Did not jump up on, growl at, or otherwise scare the kids
- Sat for a long time while kids petted him (Denzil says there's no such thing as too much petting)
- Did fun tricks like roll, sit pretty, and shake to entertain the children
- Kept a close eye on our child the entire time - moving to get a better view if our child moved out of sight
- Reassured parents with his sweet expression
I was so proud of my boy!